Care and Maintenance for Laminate Floors
The following maintenance and prevention steps are recommended to keep your laminate floor looking new.
- Vacuum (with the beater bar off) or sweep, use a dust mop or wipe with a damp cloth.
- Wipe spills with a cloth or sponge.
- Place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to collect tracked-in dirt and to absorb excess moisture.
- Use a well-squeezed damp mop with a No-Wax floor cleaner only. A light damp mop is all you need.
- For added resistance to denting, use felt floor protectors on chairs and other furniture. As a general rule, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protector should be.
- Remove tough spots like shoe polish, tar and asphalt driveway sealer with nail polish remover containing acetone. Then wipe with a damp cloth.
- Do not use soap-based detergents or “mop and shine” products, as these can leave a dull film on your floor.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, mechanical buffers, steel wool or scouring powder on the floor, as they will scratch your floor.
- Do not wax or polish your floor because it already contains a protective layer.